- Feb 26: I’ll be talking about my experience as a rhino conservation volunteer in Greater Kruger National Park and showing slides from my seven week trip to South Africa, eSwatini and Lesotho last year. It will be at the AMC headquarters in Charlestown and just get in touch with me if interested and I’ll send you the door code. Potluck is at 615 and the show is at 715.
- Mar 20, 8pm, the Armory in Somerville. I’ll be reading as part of Richard Cambridge’s Poetry Theater series. Come and find out what I’m going to read!
- April 11 and 15. Two events at the Boston Nature Center as part of Bird Week. On April 11 at 3pm, I’ll be in conversation with Gail Boyajian about extinct birds and from 4-6pm there will be a reception to see Gail’s life-size papier mache models of extinct birds. And on April 15 at 6pm, Gail will lead a nature walk at the Boston Nature Center, which will be followed by my reading at 7pm. The Boston Nature Center is at 500 Walk Hill St., Mattapan.
- For “Remembrance Day for Lost Species” (Nov 30) I’m joining Anne-Marie Lambert for a poetry and nature walk at Rock Meadow in Belmont. Hear me read from “Brief Eulogies for Lost Animals” and Anne-Marie’s topical selections from poets who have a connection to Massachusetts.
- On Oct 10, I’m joining several other readers in a “Celebration of the Cosmos,” organized by Joelle Renstrom and held at Remnant Brewing in Somerville, MA (2 Bow Market Way) at 7pm.
- In September, I joined Ashley Mazanec and Chesiree Cutter on their podcast “Let’s Talk about the Weather”:
- On April 26, I’m appearing as part of the Local Author series at the Morse Institute in Natick. The event is at 7pm.
- On April 30, I’ll be appearing at the Adams Shore Branch of the Thomas Crane Public Library in Quincy and you can see at teaser interview at QATV.
- In February, I appeared on the podcast, Not That Kind of Doctor, hosted by Drs. Leena Eve Williams and Shannon Wolfman.
- On November 3, I’ll be reading at Tim Gager’s, “Dire Literary Series,” at Out of the Blue Too, 541 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA, 7pm. http://direreader.com/
- On October 18, I participated in a night of 20th century poetry at the Medford Historical Society.
- On September 10, I participated in the salon organized by Kirk Etherton at the great new performing space at the Middle East in Cambridge, MA, called Sonia.
- On May 6, I gave an eco-poetry workshop at the Massachusetts Poetry Festival in Salem on Responding to Loss in the Natural World. See my blog post about it.
- On December I was a featured reader at Gloria Mindock’s series through Cervena Barva.
- In February 2014, I discussed my science-themed story, Possibly Playing Tonight at the Quantum Theater, with Dylan Bargtiel for the “Concerning Craft” column of the Little Patuxent Review. The story appeared in the LPR’s special Science issue and was later nominated by the editors for a Pushcart Prize.
- In June 2012, I gave a presentation at Boston University’s Alumni College on Re-Imagining Nature Through Poetry. This presentation was reprised in Spring 2013 at the Medford Public Library and NatureStage.
- In 2010 and 2011, I gave a series of five public presentations on the topic of “Cosmic Perspective” on two different cruise ships, the Celebrity Eclipse and the Celebrity Mercury. The individual presentations were: Finding our Place in Space, Finding our Place in Time, Transits and Cosmic Perspective, The Bluffer’s Guide to the Cosmos and Biodiversity and You.
- In February 2010, I was interviewed on the popular science podcast, Groks Science Show. We talked about my book, The Bluffer’s Guide to the Cosmos, and all things cosmological. The audio can be found here (fast forward to about 7:10).