- On November 3, I’ll be reading at Tim Gager’s, “Dire Literary Series,” at Out of the Blue Too, 541 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA, 7pm. http://direreader.com/
- On October 18, I participated in a night of 20th century poetry at the Medford Historical Society.
- On September 10, I participated in the salon organized by Kirk Etherton at the great new performing space at the Middle East in Cambridge, MA, called Sonia.
- On May 6, I gave an eco-poetry workshop at the Massachusetts Poetry Festival in Salem on Responding to Loss in the Natural World. See my blog post about it.
- On December I was a featured reader at Gloria Mindock’s series through Cervena Barva.
- In February 2014, I discussed my science-themed story, Possibly Playing Tonight at the Quantum Theater, with Dylan Bargtiel for the “Concerning Craft” column of the Little Patuxent Review. The story appeared in the LPR’s special Science issue and was later nominated by the editors for a Pushcart Prize.
- In June 2012, I gave a presentation at Boston University’s Alumni College on Re-Imagining Nature Through Poetry. This presentation was reprised in Spring 2013 at the Medford Public Library and NatureStage.
- In 2010 and 2011, I gave a series of five public presentations on the topic of “Cosmic Perspective” on two different cruise ships, the Celebrity Eclipse and the Celebrity Mercury. The individual presentations were: Finding our Place in Space, Finding our Place in Time, Transits and Cosmic Perspective, The Bluffer’s Guide to the Cosmos and Biodiversity and You.
- In February 2010, I was interviewed on the popular science podcast, Groks Science Show. We talked about my book, The Bluffer’s Guide to the Cosmos, and all things cosmological. The audio can be found here (fast forward to about 7:10).